Assistant Professor, Deputy Head of Business Administration Department
Office: Room 307, New Management School Building
Dr. Yang is the Deputy Head of Business Administration Department at Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University. She received her doctoral degree from University of Connecticut in 2014. Her research interests include online advertising, brand engagement, and services marketing. Dr. Yang is the principal investigator of one Chinese National Natural Science Foundation of Youth Science Foundation project and co-principal investigator of two Chinese National Natural Science Foundation projects. She has published more than eight academic journal papers.
- Ph.D., Department of Marketing, School of Business, University of Connecticut, 2014.
- M.M., Department of Marketing, Management School, Fudan University, 2009.
- B.A., Department of Marketing, Management School, Fudan University, 2009.
- From 2014.07, the Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University, Assistant Professor, Master supervisor.
- Undergraduate courses: Introduction to Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Smart Marketing.
- Online advertising, brand engagement, and services marketing.
Honors and Awards
- 2015. Song, Yiping, Chee Wei Phang, Shuai Yang, Xueming Luo, and Catherine Tucker, The Honorable Mention Award of the entire 2015 American Marketing Association Winter Educator Conference in San Antonio Texas, for the paper “Competitive poaching in Contextual Targeting Advertising.”
- 2015. Song, Yiping, Chee Wei Phang, Shuai Yang, Xueming Luo, and Catherine Tucker, The Best Track Paper Award in the “Social Media & Digital Marketing” track of the 2015 AMA Winter Educator Conference in San Antonio Texas, for the paper “Competitive poaching in Contextual Targeting Advertising.”
- 2013, AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow.
- 2013, 2013 ING Global PhD Fellowship.
- 2013, 2012-2013 CIBER Dissertation Support Award.
Conference Chair and PC Member
- Co-Track Chair, Services and Entertainment Marketing Track, 2018 Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference, 2018.05.
Conduct Student Paper Award
- In 2016, Linyu Deng’s thesis "Retrieving customers with retargeting advertisements". Donghua University Excellent Bachelor Thesis.
- National Natural Science Foundation of Youth Science Foundation, Study on location strategy of emergency facilities under the principle of minimum maximum regret (No. 71602026), Principal, 2017.01-2019.12.
- Song Y., Yang S., Xu N., and Fan P. Why are customers loyal? A study from perspective of relational benefits, Shanghai, China: Truth & Wisdom Press and Shanghai People’s Publishing House.
- Shan Lin, Shuai Yang*, Minghui Ma, Jian Huang, Jiemin Zhang (2018). Value Co-Creation on Social Media: Examining the Relationship between Brand Engagement and Display Advertising Effectiveness for Chinese Hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, forthcoming.
- Shuai Yang, Yiping Song*, Joseph Pancras (2017). Matching Exactly or Semantically? An Examination of the Effectiveness of Synonym-Based Matching Strategy in Chinese Paid Search Market. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research (SSCI), 18(1), 32-51.
- Shuai Yang, Yiping Song*, Sixing Chen*, Xin Xia (2017). Why are customers loyal in sharing-economy services? A relational benefits perspective. Journal of Services Marketing (SSCI), 31(1), 48-62.
- Shuai Yang, Sixing Chen*, Bin Li (2016). The role of business and friendships on WeChat business: an emerging business model in China. Journal of Global Marketing, 29(4), 174-187.
- Shuai Yang，Shan Lin*，Jeffrey R. Carlson，William T. Ross, Jr. (2016). Brand engagement on social media: Will firms’ social media efforts influence search engine advertising effectiveness?. Journal of Marketing Management, 32(5-6): 526-557.
- Yang, Shuai, Xiaoying Song, and Yiping Song (2010), “Self-concepts Driven or Emotional Adaptation Influenced? A Study on the Psychological factors of Negative Word-of-Mouth Intention,” Journal of Marketing Science (营销科学学报), 6(3), 108-120.
- Yang, Shuai and Xiucheng Fan (2008). “The dimensionality and application of brand associations based on associative network memory model,” Marketing Herald (市场营销导刊), 2008(4), 65-68.
- Yang, Shuai, Yiping Song, and HsiuJu Rebecca Yen (2007). “A comparative study on the impact of relational benefits on customer loyalty in different service industries,” Journal of Marketing Science (营销科学学报), 3(1), 107-119.
Conference Papers and Presentations
- Yang, Shuai, Sixing Chen, Bin Li, and Dan Ke (2015), “When and Why Do Negative Reviews Have Positive Effects: An Empirical Study on Chinese Movie Industry,” 2015 International Conference of Asian Marketing Associations (ICAMA), Tokyo, Japan.
- Yang, Shuai, Joseph Pancras, and Yiping Song (2015), “Benefits or Perils of Broad Match: Evidence from a Field Experiment,” 37th ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Song, Yiping, Chee Wei Phang, Shuai Yang, Xueming Luo, and Catherine. Tucker (2015), “Competitive Poaching in Contextual Targeting Advertising,” 2015 Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference, San Antonio. Honorable Mention Overall Best Conference Paper Award and “best track paper award” in the Social Media & Digital Marketing track.
- Luo, Xueming, Song Yiping, Catherine Tucker, and Shuai Yang (2013), “Poaching Customers without Being Self-Defeating: Competitor-Targeting Ads and Promotional Incentives,” 2013 AMA Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Yang, Shuai, Joseph Pancras, and Yiping Song (2012), “Emerging Market E-Marketing: Matching Strategies for Small and Medium-sized Businesses in the Online Paid Search Sector,” 2012 Marketing Science Emerging Markets (MSEM) Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Yang, Shuai (2012), “Spilling over through Semantic Networks: Selecting Effective Keywords in Paid Bidding Search,” 2012 INFORMS International Conference, Beijing, China.
- Yang, Shuai, Joseph Pancras, and Yiping Song (2012), “Matching Strategies for Small- and Medium-sized Businesses under Externalities in Emerging Paid Search Market,” 34th ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Boston, MO.
- Chen, Wei, Shuai Yang, and Sixing Chen (2011), “A Two-Stage Cognition Model of Online Shopping,” 2011 Association for Consumer Research (ACR), October 14, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Yang, Shuai, Yiping Song, and Joseph Pancras (2011), “What Keywords Work Well for Small-Business Companies' Search Engine Marketing?” 2011 AMA Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference, February 20, Austin, TX.
- Song, Yiping, Shuai Yang, Yiqian Jin and Yanyan Du (2007), “The impact on customer loyalty from relational benefits: studies in China,” Marketing Scholar Forum V: Research in Service Marketing, Relationship Marketing & Branding, Shanghai, China.
- Yang, Shuai (2006), “The impact of relational benefits on customer loyalty in different service categories,” The First Annual Conference of Chinese Management, Beijing, China.