Xu Ming / Box 474 of DHU / 1882 West Yan-An Road （W）
Mobile in China: (+86) 13901978217
Office:Room 516 of Glorious Building, Yanan Road Campus Donghua University
Brief Introduction by Myself
Hello from a Shanghai born Professor, Xu Ming.
I was a farmer in Jiangxi Province during the cultural revolution time in the 1970’s, which is my first social university experience that is a little of similarity to our national president Xi Jinping’s.
My formal University learning pursuit started from 1978, and I have got my Textile Engineering bachelor in East China Institute of Textile Science and Technology in 1982. Following Master Learning and PHD pursuit was in Shanghai Jiao Tong University, which were finished in 1993 and 2000 respectively.
I have stated my business school working experience since 1994, and first I was as a vice dean of the Management School of the East China Institute of Textile Science and Technology. Currently I am a professor in Tourism Department and meanwhile as the director of Glorious Sun Management Institute of Donghua University which is the successor of the East China Institute of Textile Science and Technology.
My research interests are Quality Management and Innovation Management, which are related with the operation of Manufacturing and service firms. I have undertaken the responsibility to supervise PHD, Master, and MBA candidates, which are come from more than 10 nations in the world.
My course related with service innovation could be seen at the Glorious Sun School Website.
Part One: Basic Personal Data
Passport Name: Xu Ming
Date of Birth: September 17, 1953
Place of Birth: Shanghai, China
China Office Mail Address:
Xu Ming / Box 474 of DHU / 1882 West Yan-An Road （W）
Shanghai 200051 P.R.China.
Mobile in China: (+86) 13901978217
Room 516 of Glorious Building, Yanan Road Campus Donghua University
Distinguished Professor Offered by Shanghai Municipality Educational Foundation, September 2001
Excellent Professional for the Development of Quality Management in Shanghai Offered by Shanghai Municipality Quality Association, September 2008
Professor of Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University
Director of Glorious Sun Institute of Management
Part Two: Education Background
Ph.D. of Enterprise Management 2000
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Advanced Diploma in Italian Course
Beijing Language and Culture University 1998
Master of Science in Management
Shanghai Jiao-Tong University, China 1993
Advanced Diploma in International Trade 1990
Shanghai Jiao-Tong University, China
Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering
China Textile University, Shanghai, China 1982
Part Three: Working Experience
Professor of Donghua University, Shanghai China, 2003- Present
Guest Professor of Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance, 2016-Present
Guest Professor of Panyapiwat Institute of Management, Thailand, 2016-Present.
Invited Professor of Westminster College, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 2009-2015
Invited Professor of Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada,2006-Present
Invited Professor of Linnan Univrsity, Hong Kong, 2005-2011
Visiting Professor of Novi Sad University, Serbia, 2013-Present
Visiting Scholar in Polytecnico di Milano, Italy, 1998-1999
Visiting Professor, Urbino University, Italy, 2005-2006
Research Project Application Review in Enterprise Management Fields, 2008-2014
General Secretory of Youth League Committee of East China Textile Institute of Science and Technology, 1987-1990
Depute Director of Student Affair Office of East China Textile Institute of Science and Technology, 1991-1993
Vice Dean of Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University, 1994-1997
General Manager of Shanghai Hong An Port Machinery Co., Ltd. 2009-02-10
Chief Consult Manager of Shanghai Newlink Consulting Co. 2012-Present
Director of Glorious Sun Institute of Management Research, Donghua University, Since 1999
Senior Member of Shanghai Quality Association, Since 2000
Research Fields: Service Management, Quality Management, Innovation Management, Marketing Management and Tourism Management.
Part Four: Publications2010-2016 Publication
1. Tang Chenkun, Xu Ming, Analysis of the Influencing Factors and the Operating Mechanism of Comprehensive Learning Based on the Social Media, Journal of Distance Education, 2016(6)
2. Tang Chenkun, Xu Ming, Research on the Influencing Mechanism of Service Innovation in the Internet Firms in the Aspect of Customer Involvement, Hunan Social Science, 2016(5)
3. Di Rong and Xu Ming, Research on the Countermeasure and the Mechanism of Value Co-Creation of Service Innovation under Service Dominant Logic, Science and Technology Progress and Policy 2015(3)
4. Wang Xi, Xu Ming, Evaluation and Analysis of Cultural Industry Development amang the Four Regions in China Based on 2011-2013 Data of 31 Provinces (Municipalities), Jianghan Academic, 2015(4)
5. Zou Deling, Cong Haibin and Xu Ming, Comparative Assessment on the Spatial Agglomeration of Knowledge Intensive Business Service in Yangtze River Delta, China Science and Technology Forum, 2015(11) 54-60
6. Research on the Influence of Specialized Department on Enterprises’ Management Ability of Service Innovation, International Journal of Simulation: Systems, Science and Technology, 2015-06-01
7. Wang Yu, Xu Ming and Di Rong, Gray Triangle Whitening Wight Function Used for Cooperation Social Responsibility Assessment in Textile Firms, Light Industry Standard and Quality, 2015(12)
8. EXPLORATION OF ONLINE SUPPLY OF WEB TAILORING MEN’s DRESS SHIRTS,Textile Science and Economy, Oct.28-30, 2014, Novi Sad University, Zrenjanin, Serbia.
9. RESEARCH ON CHINA'S TEXTILE INDUSTRY'SFEATURES AND ITS IMPACT ON ECONOMIC GROWTH, Textile Science and Economy, Oct.28-30, 2014, Novi Sad University, Zrenjanin, Serbia.
10. Research on Spatial Linkage of Regional Tourism Economy in the Yangtze River Delta, East China Economic Management, Vol.28. No.5,2014, P65-70
11. The Essence and Particularity of Platform Enterprise Business Model, China Business Market, No.8, 2014, P106-111
12. Cost Innovation as the Solution for the Future Development of Serbia and the Region of Balkans, Challenges For the Future, Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, Fraunhofer IAO, Stuttgart, Germany, DAAAM International, Vienna, Austria, 2013, P285-296
13. Case Study on the Process of Service Innovation in Business, Science & Technology Progress and Policy, Vol.30 No.24, Dev.2013, P100-104.
14. Evolution of Specialized Department for Service Innovation: A Case Study of Ctrip. International Joint Conference on Service Science, May 24-26,2012, Fudan University, Shanghai China.
15. Labour Turnover in Apparel Retail Chains in China, Proceedings of Industrial Systems Conference, September 14-16, 2011, Novi Sad, Serbia, P357-361
16. Study on Classification of Service Innovation in Enterprises, Proceedings of Service Science, August 12-14, 2011, Wuhan, China.
17. Hints from the Application of the Mode of Five-level Classification of Service Innovation (MFCSI) in Enterprises to Disney’s Services, Theme Park and Urban Tourism International Symposium, November 24-25, Normal University of East China, Shanghai, China.
18. Leading Chinese e-Business Brands as Key Elements for the Future of Chinese Economy, X International Conference on e-commerce and e-business, E-TRGOVINA Palic 2010, Palic, Serbia, P178.
19. Innovation driven China's Internet development, X International Conference on e-commerce and e-business, E-TRGOVINA Palic 2010, Palic, Serbia, P173.
20. Effective booking system at Shanghai Expo 2010 as a basis for positive brand image of the city of Shanghai, Life Cycle Engineering and Management, 1st International Conference ICDM 2010, Belgrade, Serbia, P458.
21. Innovative strategies for improvement of visitor flow management at Shanghai world Expo 2010, Life Cycle Engineering and Management, 1st International Conference ICDM 2010, Belgrade, Serbia, P468.
22. Research on Organization Mode Selection of Service-enhanced Manufacturing Enterprise，The International Conference on Management Science and Artificial Intelligence，2010，Luoyang, China, P112-115.
Publishing from 2007 to 2009
1. Strategies for Managing Complex Visitor Flow Issues at 2010 Shanghai World Expo,2009 IEEE/INFORMS International Conference on Service Operations, Logistics and Informatics, SOLI2009, July22-July24,2009, Chicago,IL,United States
2. Trend Changing Analysis of the Relationship Between Ownership Structure and the Enterprises' Financial Problems—An Empirical Study of Listed Companies in Manufacturing Industry, Economic Longitude and Latitude, Volume3, May, 2009, P145-148, China
3. Shanghai Expo’s Management Perspective with Database Mining of the Passenger Flow at the Aichi World Expo. Fujian Forum Humanities and Social Science Edition, Volume5,P 43-45, May 2009, China
4. Research on the Increasing Analysis of Anti-Trend Sectors under the Recession, the Case of Global Ship Breaking Industry and China Situation, Enterprise Management Research Association Annual Conference Proceeding 2009, Shanghai, China
5. Research on the Potential Development Opportunity of Family Hotels during World Expo Shanghai under the Recession Period, Enterprise Management Research Association Annual Conference Proceeding, 2009, Shanghai, China
6. Brief Analysis on the Anti-Trend Exporting Increasing of Yiwu Small Commodity under Recent Financial Crisis, Enterprise Management Research Association Annual Conference Proceeding 2009, Shanghai, China
7. Special Traits of Chinese Wine Market and Their Impact on Doing Wine Business, Global Marketing Conference, March20-23, 2008, Shanghai, China
8. The Impact of Gender on the Consumers' Preference of the Package Materials of Coffee Leverage, Global Marketing Conference, March20-23, 2008, Shanghai, China
9. .Evaluation of Chinese Automobile Industry and Strategic Thinking for Chinese Automobile Brands' Export, Global Marketing Conference , March20-23, 2008, Shanghai, China
10. How Chinese Middle/Small Company Choose B2B E-commerce Platform, Global Marketing Conference, March20-23, 2008, Shanghai, China
11. Research on the different Expectations and Perception of Service Quality of Chinese and Korean Consumer Groups to Garment Retail Shops in Shanghai, Global Marketing Conference, March20-23, 2008, Shanghai, China
12. The Framework to Make Assessment to the Development of Economic Region Based on the Outlook of Scientific Development. Shi Ji Qiao (Century Bridge) 3rd 2008, China
13. The Transitions of Clustering Centers in Ship Breaking / Recycling Industry, Present Situation and Potential Development, The 10th International Conference of the Society for Global Business and Economic Development (SGBED), August 8-14, 2007. P143-147, Kyoto Japan
14. A Survey of Apparel Consumption of Italian University Students, Journal of Donghua University (Social Science), February, 2007. P2225-2237, China
Part Five: Research Projects:
1. Research on Public Tourism Service Innovation System, as a Consulting Project for Shanghai Municipality Government, 2016-Z-E06 2016/04-2016/12
2. Research on Service Innovation Methods and the Principle, for Shanghai Municipality Government Science Development Foundation’s Soft Science Project, the Number of 10692104800，2010/03-2011/03
3.Research on Education Supervision Mechanism, for Shanghai Government Education Bureau, Number of ZX200506000384，2004/01-2005/01
4.Research on the Practical Techniques for Firms to Set up上 ISO 9001 Quality Management System, Number of ZX200506000849,2004/03-2005/03
5.Research on the Recognition and Assessment Theory of Service Quality in Service Sectors, National Natural Science Foundation Project, Number of 79870056，1999/01-2001/12
6.Casual Wear Marketing Survey, for Jeanswest Company Based in Hong Kong 1998-01-12
7.Research on Mystery Shopping for 100 Jeansest Brand Shops in Mainland China, 2000-12
8.Management Consulting Project for Shanghai Great Theater to Set up ISO 9001 Quality Management System, 2000-12
9.Management Consulting Project for Shanghai Meilongzheng Restaurant Company to Sep up ISO 9001 Quality Management System, 2002-02-12
10.Exhibition Business Development Consulting Project, for Shanghai European City Real Estate Company, 2014-12
11.Research on the Tourism Function Layout of Shanghai New Satellite Town, for Shanghai Municipality Development Center 2013-5-10 (as a research member)
12.Marketing Consulting Project for a British Apparel Company that wants to make investment in China, 2011-4-2011-6
13.Management Consulting Project for Shanghai Yangshan Deepwater Port Company (Tongsheng) to Set up ISO 14001 Environment and ISO 9001 Quality Management System for Pursuing Excellence, 2009-12-2010-6
14.Research Project for A Hong Kong Based Company to Seeking the Chance to be listed in Mainland Domestic Stock Market, 2008-5-2008-12
15.Research on Practical Technique for Textile Firms to Set up ISO 9001 Quality Management System, Funding provide by National Science Department 1996-06-1998-12
（Above research projects are all mainly undertaken by Xu Ming, unless the item indicated with quotation ）