Professor, PhD supervisor
Office: Room 724, Glorious Sun School Building
Prof.Dong Yang is with the Department of Management Information System,Glorious Sun School of Business and Management,Donghua University.Dr. Yang received hisdoctoral degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2003. His research interests includeproduct configuration and operational research.He was the principal investigator for the three projects funded byNational Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) projects. He has published more than 20academic journal papers, including EJOR, EAAI.
- PhD in Computer Science,Shanghai Jiao Tong University Shanghai, China, 2003.
- Master in Mechanical Engineering, University of Electronic and Science Technology of China, Chengdu, China,1999.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Fuzhou University, China, 1989
- Professor,from 2010.9, the Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University.
- AssociateProfessor,2009.9-2010.9, the Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University.
- AssociateProfessor, 2005.8-2009.9, the School ofMechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao tong University.
- Assistant Professor, 2003.8-2005.7, the School ofMechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao tong University.
- Undergraduate courses: Introduction to Industrial Engineering, Operations Research.
- Product Configuration, Operational Research.
Honors and Awards
- Awards for Achievement in Science and Technology of Shanghai , Key enabling technologies in implementing collaborative production for mass-customized enterprises, Participant, Shanghai Municipal Government, 2005.
- Teaching Awards for Undergraduate Course, Introduction to Industrial Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2004.
- Visiting Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA, 2013.02-2014.03.
- Visiting Professor, LaTrobe University, Australia, 2007.06-2007.10.
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Grant (PI): "ATO-oriented Product configuration within the context of supply chains ", 2014-2017.
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Grant (PI): " modeling and solving for configurable products in mass customization", 2010-2012.
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Grant (PI): "knowledge-driven workflow process modeling for e-government", 2005-2007.
SCI/SSCI Journal Papers
- Dong Yang, Jianxin (Roger) Jiao, YangjianJi, Gang Du, Petri Helo, Anna Valente, Joint optimization for coordinated configuration of product families and supply chains by a leader-follower Stackelberg game, European Journal of Operational Research, 246(1), pp 263-280, 2015 (SCI).
- Danping Wang, Gang Du, Roger J Jiao., Ray Wu, Jianping Yu, Dong Yang , A Stackelberg game theoretic model for optimizing product family architecting with supply chain consideration, International Journal of Production Economics, vol.172, pp 1-18, 2016.
- Rui Dai, Mengqi Hu, Dong Yang, Yang Chen, A collaborative operation decision model for distributed building clusters, Energy, 84, pp 759-773, 2015(SCI).
- Dong Yang, Ming Dong, Applying Constraint Satisfaction Approach to Solve Product Configuration Problems with Cardinality-based Configuration Rules, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol. 24(1), pp. 99-111, 2013. (SCI impact factor: 1.081).
- Dong Yan, Syed Zubair Ahmad, Dong Yang, Matthew effect, ABC analysis and project management of scale-free information systems, Journal of System and Software, 86(2), pp 247-254, 2013(SCI).
- Xiaokun Chang, Ming Dong, Dong Yang, Multi-objective real-time dispatching for integrated delivery in a Fab using GA based simulation optimization, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 32(4), pp 741-751, 2013(SCI).
- Dong Yang, Ming Dong, A Dynamic Constraint Satisfaction Approach for Configuring Structural Products under Mass Customization, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.25(8), pp. 1723-1737, 2012. (SCI impact factor:1.665).
- Dong Yang, Ming Dong, A constraint satisfaction approach to resolving product configuration conflicts, Advanced Engineering Informatics, Vol.26(3), pp.592‐602, 2012. (SCI impact factor:1.909).
- Dong Yang, Ming Dong, A hybrid approach for modeling and solving product configuration problems, Concurrent Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 20(1), pp.28-40, 2012. (SCI impact factor: 0.553).
- Ming Dong, Dong Yang, C-X Wang, X-F Shao, Product line selection and pricing under modular composition choices and inventory pooling strategy, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers - Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Vol. 225(4), pp. 587-598, 2011(SCI)..
- Yifan Wu, Ming Dong, Dong Yang, Cross-docking centre operation optimization using simulation-based genetic algorithm, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers - Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Vol. 225(7), pp. 1175-1187, 2011(SCI).
- Dong Yang, Rui Miao, Hongwei Wu, Product configuration knowledge modeling using ontology web language, Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36(3): 4399‐4411, 2009. (Times cited: 30, SCI Impact factor: 1.926).
- Dong Yang, Hongwei Wu; Lixin Tong. UML-based approach for the development of shop floor control systems, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 47(6), 2009.（SCI Impact factor: 0.799）.
- Dong Yang, Ming Dong; Rui Miao. Development of a product configuration system with ontology-based Approach, Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 40(8), pp.863-878, 2008. (Times cited: 26, SCI Impact factor: 1.677).
- Ming Dong, Dong Yang, Ontology-based service product configuration system modeling and development, Expert systems with Applications, vol. 38(9), pp.11770-11786, 2011. (Times cited: 4, SCI Impact factor: 1.926)
- Ming Dong, Dong Yang, Optimal decisions in product modularity design using real option approach，Concurrent Engineering Research and Applications, vol.18(1), 2010. (Times cited: 2, SCI impact factor: 0.553)
- Rui Miao, Xinyi Zhang, Dong Yang, A conjugate bayesian approach for calculating process capability indices, Expert systems with Applications, Vol.38(7), pp.8099-8104 , 2011. (SCI Impact factor: 1.926)
- Fenglin He, Ming Dong, Dong Yang, Modeling and Analysis of Reentrant Manufacturing Systems: Micro- and Macro-perspectives, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2011, 2011.Doi:10.1155/2011. (SCI Impact factor: 0.777)
- Ming Dong, Dong Yang, Product line selection and pricing under modular composition choices and inventory pooling strategy, Journal of Engineering Manufacture, vol. 225(4), pp. 587-598, 2011. (SCI Impact factor: 0.725).
- Yan, Ye, Dong Yang. An ontology-based architecture for implementing semantic integration of supply chain management, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 21(1),1-18, 2008 (SCI, Times cited: 10).
- Yan Ye, Dong Yang. Ontology-based semantic models for supply chain management，International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 37(11-12): 1250-1260, 2008. ( SCI, Times cited: 8).
- Yan Ye, Zhibin Jiang, XiaodiDiao, Dong Yang, Gang Du, An ontology-based hierarchical semantic modeling approach to clinical pathway workflows, Computers in Biology and Medicine，2009 (39), pp. 722 - 732. （SCI, Times cited: 13).
- Ming Dong, Dong Yang, PM2.5 Concentration Prediction Using Hidden Semi-Markov Model based Times Series Data Mining, Expert systems with Applications, vol. 36:9046-9055, 2009. (SCI, Times cited: 12).
- Dong Yang, Lixin Tong, Yan Ye, Hongwei Wu. Applying CommonKADS and Semantic Web Technologies to Ontology-based E-government Knowledge Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4185, 2006. Yan Ye, Dong Yang, Lixin Tong. A Knowledge- and Workflow-Based System for Supporting Order Fulfillment Process in the Build-to-Order Supply Chains, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4185, 2006.
- Dong Yang, Lixin Tong, Yan Ye. Supporting Effective Operation of E-governmental Services through workflow and knowledge management, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4255 , 2006.
Dong Yang, Zhang Shen-sheng. Goal-oriented Analysis and Agent-based Design of Agile Supply Chain, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2642, 2003.