Bin Shen, PhD
Office: Room 309, Management Building
Dr Bin Shen is the Associate Professor of Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University. He received his PhD degree from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2013 and master degree from Queen Mary, University of London. His research interests include fashion supply chain management, sustainability, and operation-marketing interface.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, 2013.09
Queen Mary, University of London, UK, 2010.09
- BSc in Fashion Design and Engineering
Zhejiang Sci-tech University, China , 2009.06
- 2016.09 – Now, Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University, Associate Professor.
- 2014.01–2016.09, Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, Donghua University, Assistant Professor.
- Undergraduate courses: Operations Management, Fashion Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, and Creative industry
Honors and Awards
- The Textile Institute Research Publication Award, 2016.
- Visiting Scholar , University of Delaware, USA, 2012.05 – 2012.07.
- Research Assistant (Postdoctoral), Faculty of Business, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2013.10 – 2013.12.
- From 2016, member of Editorial Broad/Guest Editor: International Journal of Inventory Research, Sustainability
- From 2013, reviewers in European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Production Research, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, European Management Journal, Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, Resource Policy, etc.
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, Managing luxury fashion supply chain with conspicuous consumption (71401029), Principal, 2015.1-2017.12.
- Shanghai Pujia Plan Fashion supply chain management: From China to globe (14PJ140020, Principal, 2014.7-2016.6.
- Shen, B., Q., Li. 2015. Fashion Supply Chain Management. China Textile Apparel Press (In Chinese)
- Choi, T.M., Shen, B. 2017. Luxury Fashion Retail Management. Springer (In English)
- Shen, B. 2017. Fashion Road: the New World Fashion Center of Shanghai. Economic and Management Press (In Chinese)
SCI/SSCI Journal Papers
- Shen, B., Y.L. Wang*, K.Y. Lo., M. Shum. 2012. The Impact of Ethical Fashion on Consumer Purchase Behavior, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 16(2), 234-245.
- Shen, B., T.M. Choi*, Y.L. Wang, K.Y. Lo. 2013. The Coordination of Fashion Supply Chains with a Risk-Averse Supplier under Markdown Money Policy, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. 43(2), 266-276. (SCI, Impact factor 2.17, ESI Top 1% highly cited paper)
- Shen, B., J.H. Zheng, P.S. Chow*, K.Y. Chow. 2014. Perception of Fashion Sustainability in Online Community, Journal of the Textile Institute. 105(9), 971-979.(SCI, Impact factor 1.07, 2016 The Textile Institute Research Publication Award)
- Dong, C.W., B, Shen*, P.S. Chow, L. Yang, C.T. Ng. 2016. Sustainability Investment under Cap-and-Trade Regulation, Annals of Operations Research. 240(2), 509-531. (SCI, Impact factor 1.709, ESI Top 1% highly cited paper)
- Shen, B., Q.Y, Li*, C.W. Dong, V. Quan, 2015. Design Outsourcing in Fashion Supply Chain: OEM v.s. ODM, Journal of the Operational Research Society. 67(2), 259-268. (SCI&SSCI, Impact factor 1.077)
- Chow, P.S., Y.L. Wang, T.M. Choi, B. Shen*. 2015. An Experimental Study on the Effects of Minimum Profit Share on Supply Chains with Markdown Contract: Risk and Profit Analysis, Omega – The International Journal of Management Science. 57(A), 85-97 (SCI/SSCI, Impact factor 4.02)
- Wang Y., S. Wallace, B. Shen, T.M. Choi*, 2015. Service Supply Chain Management: A Review on Operational Models, European Journal of Operational Research. 247(3), 685-698. (SCI, Impact factor 3.29)
- Choi, T.M., P.S. Chow, B. Shen*, M.L. Wan. 2016. Service Quality Gap Analysis of Fashion Boutique Operations: An Empirical and Analytical Study, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. (SCI, Impact factor 2.524)
- Shen, B., R.R. Qian, T.M. Choi*, 2017 Selling Luxury Fashion Online with Social Influences: Demand Changes and Supply Chain Coordination, International Journal of Production Economics. 185, 89-99. (SCI, Impact factor 3.49)
- Chan, L., B. Shen*, Y. Cai. Quick Response Strategy with Cleaner Technology in a Supply Chain: Coordination and Win-Win Situation Analysis. Forthcoming in International Journal of Production Research. (SCI, Impact factor 2.32)
- Guo, S., B., Shen, T.M. Choi*, S. Jung, A Review on Supply Contracts in Reverse Logistics: Supply Chain Structures and Channel Leaderships. Forthcoming in Journal of Cleaner Production. (SCI, Impact factor 5.71)
- Chen, L. B., Shen, Q, Wu, X, Ding*. Development of a Cost-effective Energy and Water Management System for Small and Medium-sized Manufacturers. Forthcoming in Journal of Cleaner Production. (SCI, Impact factor 5.71)
- Shen, B., X.M. Ding, L.Z. Chen, H.L. Chan*, 2017. Low Carbon Supply Chain with Energy Consumption Constraints: Case Studies from China’s Textile Industry and Simple Analytical Model. Supply Chain Management: an International Journal. (SSCI, Impact factor 4.07)
T.M. Choi*, P.S. Chow, 2017. Brand Loyalties in Designer Luxury and Fast Fashion Co-branding. Forthcoming in Journal of Business Research
. (SCI&SSCI, Impact factor 3.35