Office: Glorious Sun building 405
Prof.Lei wang have been principal investigator in more than 15 Chinese national research programs funded by the National Natural Science Foundation, the National Social Science, Humanities and social science project of Ministry of Education and Soft science project of Ministry of science and technology. He have completed 20 major research projects supported by the Chinese Ministry of Education, the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the National Social Science Fund in collaboration with other colleagues and have been awarded twice the third-prize of outstanding social sciences achievements. Prof.Lei wang have published over 70 research papers in Chinese and International Journals such as R&D Management, Journal of technology transfer, Nankai Economic Studies,Chinese Journal of Management, and Science Research Management etc. Prof.Lei wang’s research interests mainly focus on knowledge management of multinational companies, corporate strategy and innovation.
- 2002.09-2005.05，PhD in Economics, School of Economics, Sichuan University
- 1998.09-2001.07，Master of Economics, Regional Economy Institute, China West Normal University
- 1992.09-1996.05，Bachelor of Political science and Education, School of Politics and Education, Henan Normal University
Foreign research experience
- 2014.09-2015.09，Visiting scholar at School of business, Curtin University, Australia
- 2016.05，Center for innovation management of University of Cambridge（R&D Management Conference 2016），Rapporteur ，academic exchange
- 2016.10，International Conference on Strategic Management（Germany，Berlin），Rapporteur，academic exchange
- Undergraduate courses: Applied Statistics, Operations Research.
- Graduate courses: Economic Game Theory, Mathematical Methods and Modeling.
- Innovation, Knowledge management, Foreign direct investment,
Honors and Awards
- 2004, Guangxi provincial government outstanding social sciences achievement award
- 2006, Chongqing provincial government outstanding social sciences achievement award
- 2009, Selected as the R&D elite to take part in Shanghai higher education institutions top-rank research training program
- 2010, Congress of Shanghai Philosophy and Social Sciences Society, Young Scholars outstanding award
- 2010, China Textile Economic Excellence Paper Award
- 2011, China Textile Economic Excellence Paper Award
- 2015, Selected in “Donghua University inspirational program”
- 2016, Selected in “Shanghai Pujiang talent plan”
scientific research project
1 PI and chief investigator
- 2016-2019. WANG,L.- RMB560,000.00,National Natural Science Foundation of China(No,71572032), Project title: A study of knowledge acquisition model and reverse transfer effectiveness in technology-seeking OFDI firms.
- 2010-2012. WANG,L.- RMB100,000.00, National Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science(China), National Foundation of Social Science , Project title: Innovation Mode of Textile industry cluster under GVC
- 2014-2016 WANG,L.- RMB100,000.00, Ministry of Science and Technology of China,National Soft Science Project, Chief Investigator and Project Leader, Project title: Dual embeddedness innovation mode of manufacturing industry cluster.
- 2014-2016 WANG,L.- RMB250,000.00,Dong hua University,Donghua University Distinguished Young Professor Program (B201315). Project title:. Spatial Organization mode of Textile industry cluster
- 2014-2016 WANG,L.- RMB50,000.00, Shanghai Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science(No,2014S5D202), Shanghai Philosophy Social Science Project. Project title: The research of reverse knowledge transfer of outword foreign direct investment
- 2011-2014 WANG,L.- RMB120,000.00,Dong hua University,Central University Project(Key Program). Project title: Knowledge spillover of FDI and the innovation mode of Textile industry cluster
- 2010-2011 WANG,L.- RMB100,000.00, Ministry of Science and Technology of China,National Soft Science Project. Project title:Mode and Performance of Industry Cluster Dominated by FDI.
- 2007-2009 WANG,L.- RMB20,000.00, Ministry of Education of China, Social Science Project. Project title: The Technology Upgradation of Industry Cluster in Yangtze Rever Delta
- 2008-2010 WANG,L.- RMB50,000.00, Shanghai Education commission, Science and Research Social Science Project(Key program). Project title: The innovation mechinism of industry cluster in GVC.
- 2009-2010 WANG,L.- RMB50,000.00,Dong hua University,Donghua Social Science Project. Project title:The upgradation of industry cluster in global value chain.
- 2005-2006 WANG,L.- RMB5,000.00, Chongqing Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science, Chongqing Philosophy Social Science Project. Project title: The development of industry cluster and regional economy
- 2005-2006 WANG,L.- RMB10,000.00, Chongqing Telecommunication and Information Industry Bureau, Chongqing Telecommunication and Information Industry Soft Science Project. Project title: The research of Chongqing’s Telecommunication and Information Industry clusters
- 2005-2006 WANG,L.- RMB5,000.00, Chongqing Education commission, Chongqing Social Science Project. Project title: The research of Chongqing’s traditional industry and FDI
2 Co-PI and lead author
- 2013-2017 National Nature Science Foundation of China, RMB560,000.00, Project title: Research on the modular design and value creation model of creative industry cluster
- 2008-2011 Ministry of Education of China, RMB500,000.00, Philosophy and Social Science Major Biding Project, Project title: Research on the universities’ financial management innovation and the mechanism of financial risk prevention.I was one of the co-PI of the sub-project sub-project title: Research on the universities’ financial management innovation and the countermeasurs of financial risk prevention.
- 2007-2010 Ministry of Education of China, RMB300,000.00, Philosophy and Social Science Major Biding Project, Project title:The development strategy of creative industry.I was one of the co-PI of the sub-project. sub-project title: Research on the development of fashion creative industry.
- 2007-2009 Ministry of Education of China, RMB30,000.00, Social Science Project, Project title: The Upgradation of textile Industry of china Under the background of international industry transfer.
- 2011-2013 Ministry of Education of China, RMB50,000.00, Social Science Project, Project title: Research on the reform of promoting the equalization of basic public services in the fiscal system.
- 2009-2011 National Development and Reform Commission, RMB250,000.00, Social Science Project, Project title: Development strategy of China's textile raw material industry.
- 2009-2011 Shanghai Economic Commission, RMB48,000.00, Project title: Research on the development of creative industry in Shanghai .
- 2012-2013 Economy Commission of Xiaoshan Government, RMB300,000.00, Textile industry development Project, Project title: The development strategy of Xiaoshan textile industry
- 2012-2013 Economy Commission of Changping Government, RMB150,000.00, Garment industry development Project, Project title: The development plan of Changping garment industry
- 2011-2012 Economy Commission of Dalang Government, RMB150,000.00, Textile industry development Project, Project title: The development plan of Dalang wool textile industry
- 2011-2012 Economy Commission of Humeng Government, RMB150,000.00, Textile industry development Project, Project title: The development plan of Humeng garment industry
- 2009-2010 Economy Commission of Jiangyin Government, RMB100,000.00, Textile industry development Project, Project title: The development plan of Jiangyin wool textile industry
Articles Published in Refereed Journals
- Wang, L.,Li,J. The antecedents and outcomes of absorptive capability of social capital in global buyer-supplier relationships. Journal of Technology Transfer(SSCI impacting factor:2.213). In press.
- Wang, L., Terziovskio, M.,; Jiang, F., Li,J.The effects of social capital on exploitative and exploratory learning in global buyer-supplier relationships: the moderating role of contract specificity. R&D Management (SSCI impacting factor:2.44). In press.
- Wang, L., Yuan, Q. Is OEM investment conducive to overseas knowledge acquisition？Studies in Science of Science,2017(4):574-584.
- Wang,L., Zhang, Q. The influence of inter firm exchange mechanism on overseas knowledge acquisition and the moderating role of specific investment. Chinese Journal of Management.2017(1):139-148.
- Wang, L.,Chi,Q.,Huang,S. An Empirical Study on OFDI Reverse Spillovers: Regulatory Effects of Financial Environment. Contemporary Economic Management. 2015(3):80-89
- Wang, L.,Chi,Q.,Huang,S.Relationship between localized network ties,globalized network ties and innovation performance.mediating effect of absorptive capacity.Technology Economics.2014(8):1-9
- Wang, L.,Yao,H.Global Value Chain Embeddedness, Knowledge Spillovers, and Clustered Firms’Innovation Performance. Journal of Dong Hua University（EI）. 2014(1):23-30
- Wand, L., Yao,H. The Key Constraints of Innovation Strategies for Clustered Firms:On the Perspective of Global Value Chain.(IAW-SC2013)
- Wang, L.The contrast of industry cluster innovation mode in global value chain .Science and Technology Progress and Policy.2013(2):52-59
- Wang, L. Effect of External Social Capital on Innovation Performance of Industry Cluster. Chinese Journal of Management.2012(10):90-96
- Wang,L. Empirical Study on Influential Factors of the Knowledge Spillover of TNC's Subsidiary in Cluster area.Science of management.2012(10):90-96
- Wang,L. Empirical Study On The Effect Of Foreign Enterprise Embeddedness To The Innovation Ability Of Cluster Enterprise.science of science and management of F&T.2012(9):124-131
- Wang,L. ,Huang,C.The impact of environmental regulation on different sources of FDI. Journal of Nanjing USDit University.2012(6):124-131
- Wang,L. ,Lang,A.Research of the path to establishing their own brand for textile companies Contemporary Economic Management. 2011(2):61-69
- Wang,L.,Fan, Z.The Market Power of Export Trade in China's Garment Industry: Taking US Market as an Example..Explovation of international economics and trade.2011(1):24-30
- Wang,L. The research of breakthrough road and longitudinal control measures of MNE under GVC ..Reform of Economics system.2010(5):62-67
- Wang,L. Driving Forces and Achieving Paths of Evolvement of Local OEM enterprises Competitive Strategy in Yangtze River Delta——Based on Visual Angle of GVC. Journal of Central University of Finance & Economics.2009 (12):43-48
- Wang,L.The Innovative Mechanism and Strategies of Native Company in Industry Clusters Drived by FDI.Science & Technology Progress and Policy. 2009(8):43-48
- Wang,L.The Dynamic Evolving Mechanism and Lock-in Effect of the Industry Clusters Drived by FDI ——A case study of the Dong Guan IT clusters.Reform.2008(3):37-43
- Wang,L.The research of social capital in industry cluster.Journal of Yunnan University.2008(1):66-71
- Wang,L. The Technology evolving ways and optimizing measures of regional clusters based on MNE.Contemporary Economy & Management.2007(3):48-51
- Wang,L.A Summary of theoretical Contributions about Industry Groups under the Activities of Transnational Corporations.Nankai Economic Studies.2004(10):105-108
- Wang,L.The control and avoidance of danger of industry cluster in china.Journal of Central University of Finance & Economics.2003(7):45-50
- Wang,L.The empirical study of the fiscal expenditure of the eastern and western regions of China. Statistical Research. 2003(6):21-29
- Wang,L.,Wei,H.The problems and countermeasures in the development of industry clusters in china. Journal of Science Management Research. 2003(1):12-18
- Wang,L.,Li,X.The realization path of western techcommunication competitive market. Journal of Jilin Nomal University. 2003(1):31-36
- Lei Wang.-Innovation mode of Textile Industry in Global Value Chain. Enterprise. Management Press, Beijing:+228 pp.(2014)
- Lei Wang.-Innovation mode of Industry Cluster Dominated by Foreign Enterprises. Far East Press,Shanghai:+232 pp.(2013)
- Lei Wang, Wang, L.- The theoretical basis and frontier issues of Industry Economics. The Economic Daily Press, Beijing:+241 pp.(2004).
Most prestigious grant in China (Equivalent to ARC discovery grant in Australia)