Prof. Changchun Gao is currently the professor and PHD supervisor of Glorious Sun School of Business and Management of Donghua University. He is concurrently the deputy director of the Professor Committee of Glorious Sun School of Business and Management, the member of the Academic Committee of Donghua University. He was also appointed as a member of the 4th & 5th Disciplinary Review Group of the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council (Theoretical Economics), the director of the "Creative Economy and Innovative Service" think tank research base of Shanghai Municipal People's Government -- Donghua University, the chief expert of the Center for Fashion Design and Value Creation Collaborative Innovation, the director of the Center for Fashion and Creative Industries of Donghua University. Meanwhile, Prof. Gao acted as the executive member of Shanghai round table conference of international trade, the 1st&2th vice chairman of Chinese Industrial Economic Society, the 4th&5th executive member of World Economic Society, the chairman of newspaper--“Chinese Urban Creativity”, the Expert Committee member of Chinese Energy Economic Research Institute, the Expert Committee member of National Textile and Garment Enterprise Training Center etc,. Prof. Gao was selected as the first batch of “New Century Talents” by the Ministry of Education (2004), Shanghai Dawn Scholar（2004），Shanghai Leading Talent Reserve Candidate (2005), Baosteel National Outstanding Teachers (2006), the second prize of the Song Qingling Foundation Sun Pinghua Academic Award Fund (2001), the second prize of Heilongjiang Excellent Achievement in Social Science (2003), etc. He has co hosted two major projects of National Social Science Fund, presiding over two general projects assisted by the National Social Science Fund, three National Natural Science Foundation Projects, two sub projects of Ministry of Education, one New Century Talents project of Ministry of Education. Over a long period of time, he was engaged in the study of creative fashion industries, publishing more than 80 related academic papers and 12 serial monographs, presiding over 17 vertical projects (including national level), over 40 horizontal projects and more than 10 key planning projects in social services.
- Ph.D., Economics, Institute for Northeast Asia, Jilin University, 1999.
- M.A., Economics, Harbin Institute of Technology, 1999.
- B.A., History, Department of History, Harbin Normal University, 1987.
- 2004.2-now, the former dean of the Glorious Sun of Business and Management, Professor, PHD supervisor and member of Academic Committee of Donghua University.
- 1999.9-2004.2, vice executive president of Faculty of Humanities, Harbin Institute of Technology, professor, master tutor, academic committee chairman.
- 1987.9-1999.8, associate professor and secretary of Faculty of Humanities, Harbin University of Commerce.
- Undergraduate Course: Economics and Human Society Concern, Western Economics, Finance, Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Course: Macroeconomics, Industrial Economics, Fashion and Creative Industry Research, Economics Methodology,
- PHD Course: Strategy and Innovation Management, Senior Microeconomics, Management Methodology, Innovation
- Creative Fashion Industry Management, Corporative Strategy and Innovation Management, Fashion Design and Innovation, International Regional Economic Cooperation, Cultural and Creative Research on the Belt and Road Initiative
Honors and Awards
- first batch of “New Century Talents” by the Ministry of Education, 2004
- Shanghai Dawn Scholar, 2004
- Shanghai Leading Talent Reserve Candidate, 2005
- Baosteel National Outstanding Teachers,2006
- the second prize of the Song Qingling Foundation Sun Pinghua Academic Award Fund , 2001
- the second prize of Heilongjiang Excellent Achievement in Social Science, 2003
- Outstanding Teacher of Harbin University of Commerce,1995
- Gold Medal Winner of Outstanding Graduate of Harbin Institute of Technology, 1996
- Education Pacesetter of Heilongjiang province, 2001
- Shanghai Shuguang Scholar Talent Fund Award, 2004
- Shanghai Municipal Reserved Talents, 2008
- Excellent Party Member of Donghua University, 2013
- Young Entrepreneurs Excellent Mentor, China E-Commerce Association & China Youth Electricity Supplier Committee, 2016
- 1987-1999, Harbin University of Commerce, Deputy Secretary.
- 1999-2004, Faculty of Humanities of Harbin Institute of Technology, Executive Vice-president.
- 2005-2008, Glorious Sun School of Business and Management of Donghua University, Vice-president.
- Senior Visiting Scholar, Hitotsubashi University, Japan, 2002.09 -2003.3.
- Short-term Visiting Scholar, Moscow State University, Russia, 2002.11.
- Visiting Professor, Inha University, Korea, 2004.5- June 2005.6.
- Visiting professor, Hanyang University, South Korea, 2006.10.
- Professor of project cooperation, Centre College, Japan, April 2009.4.
- Professor of project cooperation, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, 2007.9- 2009.12.
- Professor of project cooperation, Monash University, Australia, 2008.3- 2012.7
- Professor of project cooperation, Queensland University of science and technology, Australia , 2009.3- 2011.7
- National Social Science Fund Project: "Economic Growth: The Optimal Order of Choices for Sino - Japanese Fiscal Policy" (Project Approval No. 00CGJ001).Principal, 2000
- National Social Science Fund Project: "Ecological Mechanism of Environmental Protection and its Macro-Control System", Principal, 2000-2002
- National Social Science Fund funded projects: "transition countries, institutional changes in comparative study" (project approval number 02CGJ001), Principal, 2002-2004
- National Social Science Fund "eight five" key projects: "technology introduction and export-oriented economic development", Principal.
- National Social Science Fund "Ninth Five-Year" key projects: "the introduction of technology and rural economic revitalization", Principal.
- National Social Science Fund Project in 2003: "Positive Financial Policy International Comparative Study" (project approval number 03BGJ014), Principal.
- National Natural Science Fund Project: "Active Fiscal Policy Dynamic Constraint Model", Principal, 2005-2007
- National Natural Science Fund Project: "Creative Industry Park Organization Ecosystem Evolution and Competitiveness Evaluation Model" Principal，2009-2011
- National Natural Science Fund Project: "creative industry cluster value network modular design and value creation model" Principal，2013-2017
- Ministry of Education philosophy and social science major research projects: "creative economy and China's development strategy research" (06JZD021). Principal.
- Ministry of Education philosophy and social science major research project: "financial management innovation and financial risk prevention mechanism" (07JZD0020). Principal.
- Shanghai dawn scholars supported project: "Shanghai enterprises: time-based competition strategy and virtual organization integration research" (04SG35). Principal.
- Shanghai University knowledge service platform project: "Shanghai fashion design and value creation collaboration center", Sub-platform manager，2013)
- Shanghai dawn scholars supported project: "Shanghai enterprises: time-based competitive strategy and virtual organization integration research" (04SG35), Principal.
- The new century outstanding talent project of Ministry of Education, People's Republic of China: "fiscal policy game" (NCET-04-0416), Principal.
- Shanghai Municipal Government decision-making consulting research key issues: "Shanghai city future vitality research" (2016-A-010-A), Principal.
- Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Commission key projects: "cultural and technological perspective of the Shanghai creative enterprise cluster area of environmental optimization research" (2012-2013), Principal.
- Shanghai Municipal People's Government Decision-making consulting key project funding: "Yangtze River Delta regional collaborative innovation network collaborative governance ideas and countermeasures research".
- Member of the 4th & 5th Disciplinary Review Group of the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council (Theoretical Economics)
- Director of the Creative Economy and Innovation Service Think Tank
- Chief expert of Center for Fashion Design and Value Creation
- Director of Shanghai Fashion Industry Development Strategy Research and Development Platform
- Director of Shanghai World Economic Institute
- Standing Director of the Round Table Conference of Shanghai International Trade Discipline Group
- Vice President and Executive Director of 1st &2nd China Industrial Economy Society.
- Executive director of the 4th &5th World Economic Association of China.
- Chairman, China Urban Creative Committee.
- Member of Expert Committee of China Energy Economics Research Institute.
- Member of Expert Committee of National Textile and Garment Enterprise Talent Training Center
- Member of the Expert Committee of the National Center for Teacher Training and Professional Development of Textiles and Clothing
- Member of the Academic Committee of China Silk Flower Art Creation Research Center.
- Cooperative Professor, Ministry of Commerce and Economic Research Institute, Ministry of Commerce of china.
- Young Entrepreneurs Mentor of China E-Commerce and Lishui University Innovation and Entrepreneurship Mentor.
- Co director of the Center for Fashion Design and Value Creation.
- Anonymous Reviewers of many Domestic Periodicals such as《World economy》、《Economic Trends》、《Economic Science》
- Advisory Experts of Zhuji Municipal Government and Textile Industry Federation
- Corporate Consultants, Directors and Independent Directors of a number of Corporations
Works and Papers
- About 130 papers in domestic and foreign academic publications, including 《World Economy》、《Economic Trends》、《Economic Science》《Economic Dynamics》、《World Economy and Politics"》、《Soft Science》
About 13 works, including 《Strategic Finance》、《Creative Economy New Thinking》、《Fashion Industry Economics》《Fashion Industry Economics》、《Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth》and so on.